Town Council of Ditzingen, Germany
• Ditzingen is located in the province of Baden-Württemberg Belongs to: Stuttgart,
• Ludwigsburg county
• Territory: 30, 40km2
• Altitude 303 m
• Inhabitants: 24.245
• Postal code: 71240-71254
• Phone number: (0049) 07156, 07152
• Address of the Mayor’s Office: 71254 Ditzingen, Am Laien 1.
• Webpage: www.ditzingen.de
• Lord mayor: Michael Makurath
Ditzingen is situated in the central part of the province Baden -Württemberg, about 11 kilometers north-west from Stuttgart city center. Due to the nearness of the capital of the province it is often mistakenly believed to be a suburb of Stuttgart,In Ludwigsburg district besides Ludwigsburg, Bietigheim-Bissingen, Kornwestheim and Vaihingen Enz it is the fifth-largest city. Since 26 April 1966 Ditzingen has urban rights and since 1st October 1976 it is a district seat.
Ditzingen is located in the South-West part of the Neckar basin, between the Glems on the East and Strudelbach on the West between Strohgäu and Langen Feld. Neighboring settlements: the city of Ditzingen is bordered by the settlements clockwise from the East: Stuttgart-Weilimdorf, Gerlingen, Leonberg and Weissach and Eberdingen, Hemmingen and Korntal-Münchingen.
The city structure
Heimerdingen, Hirschlanden and Schöckingen belong to Ditzingen. They were once independent and integrated in Ditzingen 1970. The former settlements now form parts of the city, but they are the surrounding localities, which, according to the Baden-Württemberg municipal regulations means that they have a local council, which is headed by a magistrate.
The local council is elected at the respective local elections by the voteable population of the settlement. Each settlement has got an administrative office that serves as a town hall as well. Ditzingen city boundary: from 30 June 1970 Grüner Baum, the Lark Yard, the houses of the Ferber mill, Maurenerberg, Upper Glem Valley, Ölberg, Steinröhre, Tonmühle and Zechlesmühle belong to Ditzingen as well. Stetten belongs to the former Heimerdingen village also.
Holzheim and Rotweil belong to the former Hirschlanden village. Talmühle settlement belongs to the former Schöckingen village.
Relationship between Hirschlanden and Schöckingen. The geographical neighbourship between Hirschlanden and Schöckingen ended up in the 20th century in the fact that village associations in both settlements used the names of the settlements as part of their names. For example the Hirschlanden sports club was named "Schöckingen-Hirschlanden Sports Association 1947 e.V.".The primary school rebuilt and furnished in 1960 had the name „Primary and Lower Secondary School Hirschlanden-Schöckingen" (today Theodor Heuglin School) The Catholic Church community is also common.
The sports association area, the Catholic Church built in 1974 and the Primary and Lower Secondary School Hirschlanden-Schöckingen are situated on a hill between Hirschlanden and Schöckingen, each of them is within walking distance. Since Schöckingen had no shopping facilities, a food chain came here in 2005. The chain built a subsidiary at the request of the village council on the hill between Hirschlanden und Schöckingen.
The "warrior of Hirschlanden"
The "Hirschlanden warrior", which is also called " Man of Hirschlanden, stands on the western part of Ditzingen on the open field on the border of Hirschlanden. It is the oldest life-size plastic depiction of a Central European man from BC 500 of Hallstatt period. The statue was found in 1963 on the edge of a Celtic tomb which was almost completely covered. In 2001 the grave was reconstructed using private funding and a copy of the statue was erected next to the locality. The original statue is in the National Museum in Stuttgart. Ditzingen was first mentioned officially from the Middle Ages to the modern age in a donation letter of the Lorsch monastery on the Rhine dating from 769 by the name of Tizingen.
The village remained small for centuries, in the 14th century it belonged to Württemberg. The industrialization of the area began with the connection to the railway network (Black Forest Railway) in 1868 and it started to develop so seriously that the settlement was constituted a city in 1966. In 1971 the two neighboring settlements Schöckingen and Heimerdingen were attached to Ditzingen. 1st January 1973 as a result of district reforms Ditzingen was included in Ludwigsburg district. January 1 1975 Ditzingen fused Hirschlanden, Ditzingen and emerged as a new city so exceeded the 20,000 population limit. Therefore, the city management proposed it to be a district seat, which was accepted on 1 October 1976 in a decision by the government of Baden-Württemberg.
1st July 1971 Heimerdingen was attached to Ditzingen
1st January 1975 Hirschlanden was attached to Ditzingen.
The town of Ditzingen is situated originally on the border of the two bishoprics, Speyer and Konstanz, which was formed by the river Glems. This is why Ditzingen originally had two parish churches, one of Constance and the other of Speyer. Because Ditzingen belonged to Württemberg quite early, reformation was introduced and as a result of this the place was predominantly protestant for more than four centuries. The church of Konstanz was still the Lutheran basilica of the place. The Speyer Lutheran church was handed over by the Dominican bishop in 1347 to Pforzheim and Württemberg acquired it in 1565, and it operates as a cemetery chapel today. The reformation was introduced to the other parts of current Ditzingen quite early. All four parish churches belong to the dekanatus, and to the Leonberg district, which belongs to the Lutheran Church Württemberg.
A new diocese was established in Ditzingen in 1978 on the area of Ludwigsburg and Leonberg church, which belongs to the prelate of Stuttgart and later to the one of Ludwigsburg and since 1st May 2003 again to the one of Stuttgart. Today the diocese of Ditzingen includes 14 churches in this area together with the four church community of Ditzingen (Ditzingen, Hirschlanden, Heimerdingen, Schöckingen).
After World War II Catholics moved to Ditzingen as well. They could worships in the church of Speyer from 1946. Between 1961-64 their own Holy Rosary Church of St. Mary was built. Since 1965 Ditzingen has its own parish. The community belonged from the very beginning to the Rottenburg-Stuttgart episcopate. In 1976 Hirschlanden also established a Catholic community. In 1974 they built the church of the Holy Trinity. The Catholic Church maintains the catholic communities of Hirschlanden, Schöckingen, Heimerdingen. Since 1964 Heimerdingen has got its own church (Church of the Holy Spirit). The parishes (Ditzingen and Hirschlanden) together with the St. Paul and St. Peter's Catholic parish of Gerlingen make up the "Southern Strohgäu's" spiritual welfare units and meeting points.
In addition to the two large churches in Ditzingen there are free churches, for example Life Association (originally Association Forum of Life), in which the Lutheran Free Church communities in Hirschlanden and Ditzingen. In addition in all other parts of the city New Apostolic Churches can be found.
Ditzingen as a district center works under the supervision of the government presidency of Stuttgart, while the district Ludwigsburg has only the judicial oversight over it.
The representative body of the city Ditzingen has got a total of 40 members (representatives) since the elections on 13th June 2004and they are addressed as city councilor.
The town of Ditzingen is headed by the mayor. It has been a district seat since 1 October 1976 when the mayor gained the title of Lord Mayor. Voters elect him every 8 years, and he is the chairman of the repesentative body. His number one deputy is the mayor.
Coat of arms and flag
The coat of arms of the city of Ditzingen is a shield halved. One half has a silver background with two diagonally intersecting red pitons, the other half has a red background a silver plough-share under a silver cross. The city flag is red-and-white. Ditzingen had the coat of arms and the flag before the municipal reform (flag since 1967). During the municipal reform the new coat of arms and flag had to be donated to each city, it happened on 23 April 1976 by the Ludwigsburg district office. The cross also appeared in the once independent Schöckingen coat of arms. The plowshare symbolizes agriculture, which was once in each part of the city the main branch of making a living. The piton is an old mark of Ditzingen.
Ditzingen twinning town
Since 1991 it entered into a partnership with Gyula (Hungary)
Economy and infrastructure
Ditzingen is a modern industrial city. Especially in engineering, publishing (Reclam-publishing house) and printing technology is typical. The largest company in Ditzingen is the Trumpf machine manufacturing company. In 2005 it employed 6,100 people and closed with 1,4 billion turnover. The Eoronics commerce company is of great importance as it has more than 9,000 companies across Europe. Ditzingen is a headquarter for several medium-sized enterprises and wholesales of auto spare parts (Autoteile Ditzingen GmbH) headquarters as well. Just as the German Paper Distributors Ltd, a subsidiary of the Australian group PaperlinX has been very effective in the field of paper wholesale Baden-Württemberg for many years. Ditzingen is the headquarter of the Burger pasta factory.
Ditzingen has a lucky position from the point of view of transport, it is very near to the A 81 motorway. (Heilbronn-Stuttgart-Singen), next to the Stuttgart-Feuerbach exit. The B295 main road towards Stuttgart Leinberg-Calw runs through the city.
Through the Black Forest railway line (Weil der Stadt-Stuttgart) on the fast train line S6 Ditzingen is connected to the national rail network. Heimerdingen is on the Strohgäu rail line (Korntal Weissach). Several bus lines serve the public transport. All lines of Stuttgart VVS (traffic allience) operate with the same tariff.
Ditzingen does not have its own newspaper. The events of the surrounding areas can be read in Leonberger County Newspaper and the Stuttgart newspaper.
Ditzinger Anzeiger appears weekly, in which every official event is announced.
Transmitting antenna of the German Telekom Share Company broadcasts on the AFN in Hirschlanden. There has been a medium wave transmitter in Hirschlanden since 1963, which is 40 meters high and is grounded. It provides the broadcasting at 1143kHz.
Offices and Institutions
Baden-Württemberg has its center of logistics in Ditzingen (LZBW).
It belongs to the Home Office of Baden-Württemberg, it is the central distribution location of the police and all the institutions of the central shopping and supplies. A notary's office works in Ditzingen as well.
Education / Training
In Ditzingen there is a high school (Gymnasium in der Glemsau), a specialized secondary school (Realschule in der Glemsau), a special school, a primary school (Wilhelmschule). Heimerdingen also has a primary school, a secondary school, the Konrad Kocher school and in Hirschlanden the Theodor-Heuglin school.
Culture & Points of Interest
The Ditzingen city hall is the center of events in the town, which gives also home to theater performances among other events.
"Three facade house" -Drei-Giebel-Haus
There is the church of Constance consecrated in 1477, which is the main Lutheran church of the city. The Mayor's Office with the assembly hall is located next to it. The Drei-Giebel House, which is the most distinctive building of the city, involves the city library and the city gallery, in its neighbourhood there is the town museum in the former mayor's office.
The castle of Ditzingen is also located in the city center. It was originally a medieval fortress, which was built in the 15-16. century and it served as the seat of the local nobility as well.
The city center is a bit further from the contemporary church of Speyer, which originates from the 16th century. Today it works as a cemetery chapel. The Lutheran church in Heimerdingen was originally consecrated to St. Peter. They built a neoclassical single-nave church in 1776 after a fire. The Catholic Holy Spirit Church was built in 1964. In Hirschlanden there is a Romanesque church, which was extended in 1748. The Catholic Church of the Holy Trinity was built in 1974. In the late Romanesque and Gothic Lutheran Church of Schöckingen there are the tombs of the Nobles Nippenburg and Gaisberg.
The biggest sports club is the TSF Ditzingen, which is particularly successful in football and chess, and plays sometimes in the south or the third division league.
• June 20, 1887: Dr. Andreas Renner, Baden-Württemberg Minister of Finance (1814-1898)
• 1999 .: Alfred Fögen, former Lord Mayor
• 2001 .: Berthold Leibinger- (Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender der Trumpf GmbH & Co. KG und Hochschullehrer Maze.). - College professor, philanthropist and chairman of the Supervisory Board of Trumpf Ltd
Famous personalities of the town
• Johann Ulrich Wirth (1810-1879) - a Protestant theologist, philosopher
• Theodor von Heuglin (1824-1876) -German ornithologist and researcher of Africa
• Jakob Wilhelm Hauer (1881-1962) -German explorer of India and religious scholar
• Thomas Dürr 1968) – member of the "Fantastische Vier" hip-hop and rapband
• Günther Oettinger (1953) - Baden-Württemberg's Prime Minister grew up in Ditzingen chairman of CDU Ditzingen and founder of Junge Union in Ditzingen
5700 +36-66-526-826 email@example.com