Town Council of Budrio, Italy
Budrio, Italy, in region Emilia-Romagna, Province Bologna.
• Inhabitants: 17.128
• Patron saint of the town: St. Laurence
• Mayor: Giulio Pierini
Budrio (German Heuenburg) is famous for a new form of the ocarina, fabricated by Giuseppe Donati (1836-1925). The county town of Bologna has been keeping contact with the town since 1965. It is the oldest twin city of Gyula.
Silver medal for civil merit.
" The community Budrio took part in the liberation struggle with heroic courage, by patriotic souls helping and giving shelter to partisan troops.
The Germans suffered repression and blind massacre, who killed defenseless citizens, including women and young people. They set fire to several buildings. It is the admirable example of the heroic resistance of the spirit of patriotism and sacrificing "(Fraz Vigoroso, 1944)
Budrio has got a very old history. Although the place name seems to be Celtic, the signs of civilization can be very ancient, they can be traced all the way back to Roman times.
Signs of ancient civilization have been found here from the Roman period. The metropolitan area was the subject of the so called centurias, the soldiers and the Roman legionaries were categorized, in order to aknowledge their service, so pieces of land were distributed to them. The signs of becoming centuralized are the regular system of linear networks, the perpendicular, which are very visible at Budrio airviews. This regularity is due to the fact that Roman irrigation channels and borders were never neglected.
In the 10-11. centuries the creation of the modern Budrio began.
St. Lorenzo church was established in 1146.
Cardinale Albornoz designed the rebuilding of Budrio in the form of a fortress in the 14th century. The two guard towers were constructed in this period. The village was built in 1367 in a trapezate layout.
The only intact remained wall from the 14th century can be seen near the Piazza Matteotti. The circular layout of the other two guard tower comes from the next century, at this time the extension of the circular wall began, which included the Borgo castle, completed in the early 500's.
Giuseppe Barilli (1812) was born in Budrio, who had the pseudonym Quirico Filopanti as well. He was a professor of mechanics and hydraulics at the Bologna University in 1860. He is well-known for his invention of the 24 time zone as well.
Guizzardi Ettore who was born in Budrio on 16 January 1881, and participated alongside Prince Scipione Borghese and Luigi Barzini, a journalist in the famous Beijing-Paris rally / auto tour, as a mechanic and as a pilot.
The city is known round the world for okarina.
Ocarina museum - clay musical instruments
Archaeological Museum- ancient animals
D. Inzaghi Gallery
Noteworthy is the Località Ville? Bagnarola edifice (a few km away from the guard tower of the county seat).
The first building was the Bentivoglio castle, its history (Bentivoglio = a feudal ruling dynasty in the 14th century) dates back to the 500s. The Ranuzzi Cospy Villa was built in the 18th century. There was a road to the castle, which led to the Casino, designed by Aurelio Malvezzi in 1623 to the pre-existing parts of the Ranuzzi Cospi Villa, which was linked to St. Anne's chapel (partly sleazy) and the Bibiena Theatre (completely destroyed in a fire in the 800s).
In 1737 the main structure was restored in Floriano by AlfonsoTorreggiani, with a typical neo-classical styling. Emphasis is on the south facade, the entrance with a huge staircase enriches the sight of the building.
Mayor: Giuli Pierini
The number of central government: 051 6928111
5700 +36-66-526-826 email@example.com